JUVEDERM INJECTIONS IN LOS ANGELES
In the United States, Juvederm injectable hyaluronic acid facial fillers are indicated for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkle folds such as the nasolabial folds. There has also been an established safety record for lip augmentation with Juvederm facial fillers.
Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid facial filler that is used to instantly smooth superficial and deep wrinkles from the face. The most common areas to inject Juvederm are around the mouth, the lips, and the marionette lines. Juvederm XC is a type of hyaluronic acid filler that is manufactured with lidocaine, an anesthetic, that minimizes discomfort during your treatment. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian performs injections with Juvederm, Restylane, and Radiesse in order to add volume to the face. Treatment with Juvederm or other facial fillers are usually quick and take about 15 minutes to perform under local anesthesia. Side effects are minimal except for some mild bruising if you are prone to bruising, some swelling, and transient redness that usually subsides within 30 minutes. Most patients will see immediate results within a few minutes of their procedure.
While many of you may ask why facial fillers are so important for facial rejuvenation, the answer is fairly simple. With age, certain areas of the face look more sunken or hollowed, which causes deep wrinkles to form. Common areas where this occurs is around the mouth, the lips, and the pre-jowl area just below the lower lips. If volume is not added to the area, deep wrinkles begin to form, leading to hollowness and premature aging.
Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian performs Juvederm facial fillers in his Santa Monica and Beverly Hills plastic surgery offices. Dr. Karamanoukian recommends that you avoid aspirin and ibuprofen for at least one to two weeks prior to Juvederm or Restylane injections in order to minimize the risk of bruising. If you feel that you have thin skin and want to avoid bruising, Dr. Karamanoukian will suggest BruiseStick ointment or BruisePak Arnica pills before and after the Juvederm injections.
There are several new alternatives to Juvederm injections now available in the United States. Belotero and Restylane are FDA approved and available for soft tissue volume enhancement of the face and lips. Belotero can be used in fine wrinkles and lines on the face and decrease the risk of Tyndall effect underneath the skin. More information on Belotero facial fillers can be obtained on our website.
Juvederm injections have now become a popular first-step in any cosmetic rejuvenation treatment and can be used to treat lips that have lost volume, the smile lines, fine wrinkles, and deep heavy set wrinkles on the face and parts of the forehead. As with any procedure, Juvederm injections require thorough evaulation of your skin quality, degree of wrinkling, and overall signs of aging before determining whether Juvederm is right for you. If you have additional questions about Juvederm or other facial fillers such as Radiesse or Restylane, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
FACIAL FILLERS OFFERED AT KARE PLASTIC SURGERY:
Radiesse facial filler is made of Calcium Hydroxyapatite, which are small calcium-based microspheres suspended in a natural, water-based gel. These microspheres are touted for their volumizing effect as well as their stimulatory effect on collagen production. Radiesse is very similar to naturally-occuring minerals in your body and hence do not require allergy testing. Radiesse is a temporary facial filler and will not permanently remain in your body.
Radiesse Facial Filler (An alternative to Juvederm or Restylane on the nasolabial folds)
POST JUVEDERM SKIN FACIALS AND SKINCARE:
Once your Juvederm injections are completed, you may wish to begin a facial rejuvenation protocol that will balance your skin complexion and tighten up fine wrinkles. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian, a board certified plastic surgeon, recommends a topical skincare regimen that includes Melaquin Skin Brightening Complex and regular maintenance visits for a new skin treatment known as the Hydrafacial. Hydrafacial incorporates dermolipoinfusion treatments to rejuvenate and maintain your skin quality.
Seen on Daily Candy and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the Hydrafacial is the latest innovation in facials and cosmetic skincare. The Hydrafacial system incorporates key elements of skin rejuvenation, including microdermabrasion, dermolipoinfusion, enzymatic cleansing of large and clogged pores, and chemical peeling all in one. In essence, the Hydrafacial system exfoliates dead skin cells and extracts impurities and blackheads with a vacuum-based skin abrasion tip while stimulating the blood and ymphatic flow. The healthy underlying skin is then infused with key nutrients, antioxidants, and active serums that are specifically tailored to your skin type. In Dr. Karamanoukian's office, we utilize a specialized protocol for medical facials that incorporates the hydrafacial system. Our medical facials use the dermolipoinfusion system contained within the Hydrafacial armamentarium as well as a specialized protocol of microdermabrasion and chemical exfoliation. Your skin will look refreshed and exhilarating for a party or event.
QUESTIONS ABOUT LIP FILLERS:
- Can Gore-Tex Lip Fillers be removed from the lips?
- What is Juvederm facial filler? Juvederm is a brand of facial volume fillers made from a natural substance known as hyaluronic acid. The filler has effectively replaced collagen injections to the face because they are safe to use with very little chance of allergic reaction or risk. The Juvederm injections used in our Los Angeles plastic surgery office are used to treat fine wrinkles, deep smile folds, and provide soft tissue augmentation for the lips, cheeks, and jawline areas. The smile lines are commonly treated with Juvederm injections and represent the parenthesis or nasolabial folds seen when smiling.
- What parts of the lips can be treated with Juvederm or Restylane injections? The majority of patients want their lips made more plump, but other areas to treat with the Juvederm filler include the corners of the lips, the philtral columns, and the ridge of the lips. Both the upper and lower lips are treated with Juvederm or Restylane.
- Does Juvederm injection hurt? Juvederm injections are associated with some discomfort, but our Los Angeles plastic surgery office can offer you topical or injection anesthetics in order to minimize your discomfort. Most patients feel that the discomfort is tolerable, particularly if the areas are treated with some anesthetic.
- Can Radiesse and Juvederm be injected at the same time? Both Radiesse and Juvederm have different properties and some areas work better with Juvederm and others with Radiesse. Both facial fillers are safe to inject at the same time on the face. Radiesse works well for the nasolabial folds, whereas Juvederm works well on the lips and around the eyes. Our office can provide you with details about the two fillers when you come in for a consultation.