Introducing the next generation advancement in non-surgical facial tightening...Ultherapy. This innovative treatment uses microfocused ultrasound to target the deeper layers of the brows, face, and neck to provide a non-invasive alternative to a facelift or necklift. Call our Los Angeles plastic surgery practice today to schedule an appointment for Ulthera.
Not everyone is a candidate for a facelift. With the advent of newer technology, prevention and treatment of premature aging and facial sagging can be achieved with Ultherapy, a revolutionary procedure that can take as little as one hour to perform.
Ulthera uses a specialized ultrasound energy source to target the inner collagen lattice that supports the skin of the face. With aging, these layers of collagen become more lax, leading to a characteristic sagging of the face. With Ulthera, the depths of the skin layers are visualized during treatment, leading to a dramatic tightening of the collagen lattice along the brows, face, and neck areas. The following illustrates the zones of treatment for Ulthera.
Ulthera treatment for the lower face and neck areas. Ulthera is a non-invasive procedure designed to tighten the deeper structure of the face, thereby providing a suitable option to a facelift or necklift procedure. Ultherapy, USA.
Ultherapy is FDA Approved for deep tissue tightening using micro-focused ultrasound to target the deeper tissue support of the face. Unlike radiofrequency treatment or lasers, Ulthera can tighten the deep collagen lattice that supports the face. By tightening this important layer on the neck, eyebrows, or face, Ulthera can lift the skin and provide a safe and no-downtime alternative to a traditional facelift. The illustration below demonstrates the Ultrasound microfocused energy that is delivered with each fractionated pulse. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian is an expert in facial rejuvenation and can help you determine whether you are a candidate for this treatment type in his Los Angeles plastic surgery practice.
Questions about Ultherapy:
- What is Ultherapy? Ultherapy is a non-surgical and non-invasive althernative to a traditional facelift. Using safe and FDA approved ultrasound energy, Ulthera tightens the deeper collagen fascial support, thus lifting the skin and underlying tissues of the face. The most common treatment areas for Ulthera include the brows, face, and neck areas.
- Does Ultherapy involve facial fillers? Ultherapy is a non-surgical tightening procedure that does not utilize facial fillers to support the tissue. However, patients sometimes will require facial fillers in addition to Ulthera for the lips, nasolabial folds, and cheek areas. Ultherapy and facial fillers both provide enhanced youthfullness to the face and can complement each other.
- Is Ultherapy safe? Ulthera has been a significantly important modality in non-surgical facial rejuvenation for several years. The efficacy of the treatment, coupled with its high safety record make it a reliable addition to a plastic surgeon's list of top 5 treatments. Ultherapy has FDA approval in the United States and uses ultrasonic energy to tighten the supporting layers of the face.
- Is Ulthera used in men and women? Common patterns of facial aging can affect men and women differently. Despite the differences, it is thought that laxity of the underlying facial fascial layers contributes to facial aging. Ulthera works well in both men and women to tighten the inner layers of tissue, thereby improving skin laxity on the face. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian specializes in male and female Ulthera and can meticulously tailor an Ulthera treatment for you.
- How long does Ulthera take to perform? Ulthera procedures are non-invasive and require no cutting or incisions. The procedure is performed in a clinic setting and usually takes about 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian and his staff will also alot some extra time to explain your treatment, customize the markings for your particular needs, and for post-treatment recovery. Patients will usually return to work in as little as one day after the procedure. Treatment times will depend on the number of areas treated, including the mid-face, neck, and brows.
- How does ultrasound work to tighten the skin? Ultherapy uses micro-focused ultrasound as an energy source to heat up and tighten the collagen lattice that supports the face. With age, the supporting collagen lattice loosens and causes the characteristic sagging of facial skin tissue. Ultherapy is FDA-approved to tighten skin and subcutaneous tissue for the eyebrows, submental area, and face. Ultrasound is a safe energy source that can safely stimulate collagen formation in the deeper tissue.
- What areas can be treated with Ultherapy? Ultherapy is FDA approved as a non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatment for the neck, submental area, and brow. It is ideal for the jowl area and lower face. The benefits of Ulthera over other skin tigtening procedures includes its ability to tighten deeper collagen support in the face, thereby providing an alternative to more invasive facelift procedures.
- What is the depth of treatment for Ultherapy? Ultherapy uses revolutionary deep tissue fractionation to deliver micropulses of microfocused ultrasound energy. Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian is an expert in non-invasive facial rejuvenation and uses a combination of three depth parameters; 4.5 mm, 3 mm, and 1.5 mm to deliver customized solutions for ulthera treatment.
- Is it possible for Ulthera to tighten the SMAS/platysma layer of the face? In the past, skin tightening lasers could only reach the depth of the dermis to tighten skin. Ulthera was the first of its class of skin tightening machines that uses microfocused ultrasound to target the SMAS/platysmal layer and the supporting collagen lattice of the face. It is ideal for the neck, jowl areas, and eyebrows.
Schedule an Appointment for Ultherapy in Los Angeles Today
Ultherapy is a revolutionary non-surgical anti-aging treatment that is an alternative to a facelift in patients who do not want to undergo a facelift or necklift procedure. If you would like to find out if Ultherapy is right for you, please call our Los Angeles plastic surgery office at (310) 998-5533. Our patient care coordinators will help answer your questions and schedule an appointment for you.