Plastic surgeons are experts in cosmetic rejuvenation of the face and are especially aware of facial proportions and facial symmetry. Many patients request consultation with Dr. Karamanoukian, a Beverly Hills and Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon, for his expertise in chin augmentation with chin implants. Chin implants are longlasting facial implants that can add dimension to the chin and give patients a more contoured chin profile. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian to discuss your options for facial implants and chin augmentation.
Candidates for chin augmentation with chin implants often wish to restore facial harmony by enhancing the size and dimension of the chin. Men and women are candidates for chin implants as they can be tailored to make a male chin look strong or a female chin more feminized and graceful. Another aspect of Dr. Karamanoukian's practice is chin implant revision, which often requires replacement of the chin implant to restore symmetry and balance to the face.
Dr. Karamanoukian specializes in chin augmentation with chin implants and uses several different types of chin implants. The following is a partial list of chin implants available with Dr. Karamanoukian.
- Conform Extended Anatomical Chin implant
- Extended Anatomical Chin implant
- Terino Extended Anatomical Chin implant
- Glasgold Wafer Implant for the Extended Anatomical Chin
- Mandibular Glove
- Mittelman Prejowl chin implant
- Terino Square Chin implant
- Anatomical Chin
- Curvilinear Silicone Chin implant
- What are the risks of chin implant surgery? Dr. Raffy Karamanoukian will provide you with a full informed consent which specifies all the potential risks of chin implant surgery. The most common types of risks, although rare, include numbness that is usually transient or temporary, infection (rare), and implant extrusion (rare). During your consultation, Dr. Karamanoukian will review your risks, the necessary steps to decrease your risks, and the particular chin implant shape and size that is appropriate for your chin augmentation.
- What types of chin implants are used for chin augmentation? The two main methods of chin augmentation include soft tissue fillers such as Radiesse; or chin implants. Our Los Angeles plastic surgery office recommends silicone chin implants because they provide safe augmentation for the chin without the risk of tissue scarring or ingrowth into the implants. The chin implants naturally blend into the tissue and are not noticeable after chin augmentation.
Chin augmentation surgery is performed by Raffy Karamanoukian, MD FACS, a double board certified plastic surgeon practicing in Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. Dr. Karamanoukian is a graduate of the UCLA School of Medicine and is currently on faculty at the University of California Irvine Department of Plastic Surgery.
CHIN AUGMENTATION WITH RADIESSE FACIAL FILLER:
There are alternatives to chin augmentation with silicone implants. Radiesse is a stimulatory facial filler that is now used to augment the chin and pre-jowl area in men and women who desire lower face enhancement without cosmetic surgery. Radiesse is now available in 1.5 cc syringes and can dramatically improve chin projection and chin volume with a single, non-surgical approach that lasts up to two years. Radiesse can be injected in most cases of chin asymmetry and chin retrusion regardless of cephalometric dimensions.
The advantages of Radiesse depends on its stimulatory action. Radiesse has been shown to dramatically enhance the formation of collagen in soft tissue after subcutaneous administration. Radiesse adds significant volume to the soft tissue and stimulates the fibroblasts to produce additional collagen.
Schedule an Appointment Today by Calling (310) 998-5533